Thursday 24 June 2010

Store Room Loneliness.

Had an English exam this morning, which I think I did alright on. I'd rather not get all confidant and cocky, because it'll just end badly. "I fockin' NAILED it!" Result: E. You see?

Really long shift at work today, 1-8. I spent about 4 of those hours out in the stock room, pricing all the stuff we had in there. My god that was dull. Iain allowed me to listen to the radio through teh interwebz, but the sound from the computer was nothing short of atrocious. Also, Split Infinity Radio wouldn't work (it never does on other computers), so I had to live with Radio 1. Listened 'live' for a bit; Greg James had Katy Perry in. Eventually, I gave up on that, and went for the Rock Show with Danny P Carter. The first song played? 'Crystal Clear' by Young Guns. This made me happy, and also made me realise that the Rock Shows likes opening with YG songs... But then the music went ROARROARTMETAL! so I switched to Zane Lowe. I do love that Kiwi, but as I got further into the stock room, he faded in obscurity :(

With an hour an a half left of my shift, I was relieved of stock pricing duty, mostly because Luke and Tracey had finished their days, the rotters. I was told that Iain hadn't got any sales at all, and that I was to get in there first. I sold 4 pairs, compared to Iain's 1. Not bad for an hour and a half, no? Considering Iain is the manager, too...
I could've made 5 pairs, but one customer couldn't make up their mind. They had their daughter with them, and I recognised her from my tutor. It was actually really nice to see her, and we had a nice brief chat. Her mum was all "I dunno, I think I'll sleep on it... When're you next working?" She said that she wasn't coming back unless I was there. I was flattered, it has to be said. At least it's one sale definitely in the bag.

Mo

No comments: