Sunday 28 September 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

It's amazing to think how tastes can change.

I never used to like Russell Brand, for example. I thought he was juat a loud, obnoxious git. But since watching him Live on Channel 4, I've realised that, actually, he's quite a funny bloke.
It's a similar story for Jeremy Clarkson. I used to see him as my idol, the one person I wanted to be, but now I find some of his jokes in bad taste, and so I don't like him as much as I did.

The same can be said for music. There was a time when my sister wouldn't shut up about Avenged Sevenfold, and how Synyster Gates was the greatest guy alive. Now, she won't shut up about Caleb Follohill from Kings of Leon, and she's recently bought McFly's new album. A far cry from the likes of M Shadows, I'm sure you'll agree.
I'm not completely innocent either. The main bulk of my music on my mp3 player are bands like Airbourne, AFI, Escape The Fate, The Blackout and other such guitar-driven stuff. But recently, I can be found to be listening to ATC, Rihanna, Avril Lavigne, Jeffree Star and Busted. I'll admit there is still a prominent guitar sound in some of the bands, but it isn't as heavy as the others. More of a pop sound than a rock sound. But then ATC and Jeffree Star are more... ELECTRONIC than the likes of Busted.

And you know what? I am not ashamed that I like Busted and Jeffree Star, because they are amazing. You wouldn't catch me listening to 50 Cent though.

No comments: